WATER SPORT HOLIDAY
If you are looking for an active water sport holiday in either the Dominican Republic, then Swell Surf Camp is your place to be!
Why Swell is the ultimate watersport holiday
It’s not just surfing at our surf camp, there’s a ton of other water sports you, your family or your friends can do with us in the Dominican Republic.
- Cabarete is widely considered one of the best kitesurfing destinations for beginners and advanced kiteboarders. From flat water at La Boca to the waves at Encuentro and kitebeach there’s different types of kitesurfing conditions to keep everyone happy.
- Steady tradewinds: No gusty offshore winds here, steady trade winds that are side onshore make this a very safe spot( if something happens you float back to the shore in no time)
- Top kitesurf schools: There’s a ton of kite schools in Cabarete, we work with the 2 best schools at Swell, that have been in business for 10+ years and that work with a large school of professional & qualified kitesurf instructors.
- Warm water: no need to bring your wetsuit!
Stand up paddle surfing
- Cabarete has great SUP conditions, and just like kitesurfing, the North coast offers a wide variety of SUP conditions to keep everybody happy: From paddle surfing in the waves at Encuentro, to the flat water SUP tours on the La Boca rivers.
- Lessons and rentals are available, from easy beginner stand up paddle boards to advanced wave SUP boards, all is available in Cabarete
- Fun for the whole family on their water sport vacation, kids as young as 6 years old to 70 year old seniors can enjoy the sport of paddle boarding.
- Before kitesurfing and surfing made the DR a popular place, Cabarete was put on the map by the windsurfers 20 years ago. Cabarete bay offer unique windsurfing conditions for windsurfers of all levels. The morning when the wind is light and the water flat is ideal for beginners, when something goes wrong, the side onshore wind will return you to the safety of the beach in no time.
- For intermediates and advanced windsurfers, there’s the slalom and freestyle conditions with medium chop and waves inside the bay, for advanced waveriders the reef offers plenty of waves to practise your jumps and wave riding.
- Quality windsurf lessons and rentals are all available on Cabarete bay
Canyoning, rafting and white water stand up paddle boarding.
We work closely with “Kayak river adventures” they offer great trips. The waterfall / Canyoning trip is weekly trip most Swell guests do, and they love it. Climbing up waterfalls, sliding down natural slides into turquoise water and doing big jumps. Gets the adrenaline going and is highly recommended
Cabarete has 1 main sailing center in the upwind part of the Bay called the Bic center. They give sailing lessons in Laser’s and a 4 person sail boat
When the waves are too big for the surf spots to work properly, some good BodyBoarding and bodysurfing can be done inside the Cabarete bay.
Horse Riding and Mountain biking in and around Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Ok not watersport holiday activities but still great things to do when you don’t want to be in the water for a day.
Keep in mind that all these active water sport activities are optional at Swell Surf Camp, if all you want to do is Surf and chill, then Cabarete is a great place.