JOB OPENINGS AT SWELL SURF CAMP
Surf Camp Job Openings:
Surf Instructor Job
Positions open for 2023 – 2024
Minimum commitment 12 months, longer is possible and preferred
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Requirements for surf camp job in Cabarete, Dominican Republic:
- Previous teaching experience & ideally ISA qualified
- Fluent in english
Swell has set whole new standards in accommodation and guest experience of surf camps.
Our place has a unique vibe and we have great clients, mostly professional people, who stay with us. The work can be 7 days a week when we are really busy but we have 3 coaches full time and normally between 6 and 12 people taking lessons at any one time.
Typical working day at Swell
- Arrive at 6.45 to start going to the surf beach with the clients with the taxi Swell provides.
- Surf lesson from 7 to 9 at our local surf beach
- Back to Swell for home cooked breakfast
- At 10.30 we go back to the surf beach for either a lesson or a guided surf session with the clients
- 12.15 back to Swell
- Instructors have the afternoon off: go surf, wingfoiling, kitesurfing or nap time.
- Instructors are back at Swell at 17.00 for theory surf lessons or surf analysis.
- Either dinner at Swell at 18.30 or when there is no dinner at Swell that evening instructors can go for their own dinner arrangements with or without clients.
If you read our Trip Advisor reviews, you will get a sense of how important the staff mixing with the clients is to the overall success of Swell.
Salary will vary dependent on skills offered and experience. Spanish is not essential but is an advantage.
Interested in working for Swell?
Fill out the form below, we get lots of interests from people, so double-check if your info is correct and up to date since incomplete applications will not be considered.
We provide a quality surf holiday for surfers of all levels. The Surf & Yoga Holiday is a popular package where clients learn to surf and we teach Yoga in our garden 3 times a week.
The accommodation at Swell is of the highest standard found anywhere in the world for a surf camp. Stylish rooms and comfortable beds + AC and Fan and Ensuite bathroom
“Think of Swell as the anti-surf camp. There’s plenty of surfing, of course, but the similarities to other surf camps end there. For starters, the rooms are stylish — more boutique surf hotel than reggae-loving surfer digs. Then there are the legendary breakfasts (omelets, pancakes and crepes, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and fruit bowls). Structured surf lessons take place each morning, with an instructor alongside you and the head surf coach watching from shallow water, ready to offer learn to surf tips between riding waves. If you are serious about learning to surf, then Swell should be on top of your destination list. Highly recommended! ”
[Frommer’s Travel Guides]
Designed with the discerning surfer in mind, Swell Surf Camp is far from a crash pad. The spare clean lines, plush bedding, modern photographs and funky furniture say ‘boutique surf retreat’ but the pool, ping-pong and foosball tables and social vibe suggest otherwise. A huge wood communal table is the center of the hanging-out action, after all the surfing is done. Highly recommended!
SWELL SURF CAMP
THE TOP RATED
CARIBBEAN SURF HOLIDAY
Join us at Swell on a Surf, Yoga & Adventure Holiday