Best Surf Camp
BEST SURF CAMP
Interesting title isn’t it? Are we claiming? No
We don’t think Swell Surf Camp is THE best Surf camp in the world, there’s no such thing as the best surf camp, since every person looking for a surf holiday has different criteria for judging what makes the best.
What we do claim is that we are
THE ONLY PURPOSE BUILT SURF CAMP
in the caribbean, and I think that that is one of the many things that sets Swell apart from other places in Cabarete.
Since we started 4,5 years ago a lot of places in Cabarete have tried to copy what we do, whilst other have just jumped on the bandwagon and have added the term ‘ surf camp’ to their name.
We had very specific demands for the building, a large social area that is integrated into the building for socializing, theory surf lessons, breakfasts and dinner. Swell Surf Camp did not start as individual apartment accommodation, bungalows or long term studio rentals for surfers, we started as a surf camp, and that is the only thing we do, and ever will do.
On that note, we have been looking at expanding our surf camp to keep up with demand, either in Cabarete or abroad in places like Costa Rica or Nicaragua. It’s not easy finding another place around the globe that has the benefits that Cabarete has:
- Consistent surfable waves 350 days of the year.
- Waves for surfers of all levels, from complete beginners to experienced surfers looking for barrels.
- Easy to get to (Puerto Plata international airport is only 20 minutes away).
- Has numerous good restaurants catering for all different kinds of budgets.
- Offers great alternative activities besides surfing ( kite and windsurfing, canyoning, ziplining, Stand up paddle surfing).
- A year round warm climate ( with warm water, no wetsuit is ever needed).
We have visited many places around the world in the last years to find a good alternative location, and there’s really only a handful of spots that we would consider building another surf camp. At the moment we are still orientating, so for now our Surf Camp in the Dominican Republic is your best bet for a one of a kind surf holiday.
Hope to see you in the water soon!
The Team at Swell