Cabarete wind and wave forecasts
CABARETE WIND & WAVE FORECAST
We get a lot of people asking us,”what is the wave or wind going to be like in 3 weeks from now”. Needless to say we cannot guarantee perfect wind or wave conditions for your learn to surf or learn to kite holiday 3 weeks in advance.
There are a few tools you can use for an accurate 7 days forecast or tools that give you an insight into historical wind and wave patterns in the Caribbean.
For an accurate wind and wave forecast for 7 days we use sites like Windguru Cabarete and MagicSeaweed Encuentro[/dropcap]
From our own experience
Waves between October and April:
Bigger waves: suitable for beginners, intermediate and expert surfers
Waves between May and September:
Smaller waves on average: more suitable for beginners and intermediates.
Wind between April and August:
Consistent wind of 15 knots or more on 70% of the days
Wind Between September and March:
Consistent wind of 15 knots or more 40% of the days.
BEST SURF HOLIDAY
Are you looking for a one-of-a-kind surf camp holiday in Cabarete?
Here’s 10 reasons why Swell Surf Camp in Cabarete is your best bet:
- The only purpose built surf camp in the Caribbean.
- The only surf camp and school in Cabarete with internationally qualified surf instructors.
- Located right in the center of Cabarete
- Top quality surf equipment for rent: soft tops and hard tops in sizes ranging from 5’6” to 9’2”
- Yummy home cooked breakfasts and dinners.
- Daily maid service.
- Get a ride to the surf beach, restaurants, & nightlife can all be reached easily by walking into town.
- Quality beds, mattresses and sheets will make you sleep as well as at home.
- Awesome staff; friendly dominicans, 1 chilean manager, our local surf instructor Neno and 2 international surf instructors will make sure that everything is in order during your surfing vacation.
- The best vibe in town! Meeting fellow travellers has never been easier; our large communal area is great for playing a game of pool, table football, socialising or watching a surf video. No other place in the Caribbean has the vibe Swell has……Guaranteed.
But don’t just believe our word for it, here are some external companies’ views on what Swell has to offer:
SURF HOLIDAY IN CABARETE
And our love-hate relationship with Tripadvisor continues (even though we have by far the best record on reviews, we are placed lower in the rankings than places which are no longer open just because we won’t allow Trip Advisor to sell our rooms).
So if you are interested in joining us on a great surf holiday vacation in the Caribbean, send Clare an email today. Swell is a small place with room for only 22 guests, so spaces fill up quickly and most times month in advance.
We hope to see you soon!!
If you have any questions about what season is best suited for your level of surfing or kitesurfing, feel free to send us a message.
“Think of Swell as the anti-surf camp. There’s plenty of surfing, of course, but the similarities to other surf camps end there. For starters, the rooms are stylish — more boutique surf hotel than reggae-loving surfer digs. Then there are the legendary breakfasts (omelets, pancakes and crepes, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and fruit bowls). Structured surf lessons take place each morning, with an instructor alongside you and the head surf coach watching from shallow water, ready to offer learn to surf tips between riding waves. If you are serious about learning to surf, then Swell should be on top of your destination list. Highly recommended! ”
[Frommer’s Travel Guides]
Designed with the discerning surfer in mind, Swell Surf Camp is far from a crash pad. The spare clean lines, plush bedding, modern photographs and funky furniture say ‘boutique surf retreat’ but the pool, ping-pong and foosball tables and social vibe suggest otherwise. A huge wood communal table is the center of the hanging-out action, after all the surfing is done. Highly recommended!
SWELL SURF CAMP
THE TOP RATED
CARIBBEAN SURF HOLIDAY
Join us at Swell on a Surf, Yoga & Adventure Holiday