Learn To Surf Holiday
LEARN TO SURF HOLIDAY
What’s new at Swell Surf Camp?
Summer is coming to an end in Cabarete, it’s been one of the best summer’s we have ever had. Superb wind for the kitesurfers and excellent waves for the surfers throughout the whole of the summer. Swell also had one of it’s busiest summers; most weeks were completely sold out, and as a result the social vibes have been great. Lots of parties, communal dinners at Swell or our in town.
Anyway, today I wanted to provide you with some background on our learn to surf holiday package.
Most of the clients that come to Swell have never surfed before and choose to Learn with us. Why? We are not the cheapest surf school in Cabarete, but most of our clients realise that you get what you pay for.
We set up a 7 day learn to surf course that takes place at Playa Encuentro. We use qualified surf instructors that speak English as their first language.
We use safe soft top boards for the first few days of lessons. We provide good surf booties and rash guards. Besides the lessons we gave on the beach, we also provide theory lessons at the camp for more background on topics such as:
- Safety briefing
- Where to sit in the line up
- Rip currents ( there’s none at Encuentro but at most other surf spots around the world there are)
- Surfer’s etiquette ( don’t drop in, priority rules etc.)
- Board designs and accessories.
- How waves are formed.
Most other surf schools and surf camps just focus on 2-3 days of lessons to make sure that the client manages to stand up on a board at least once. At Swell we want to make sure that when you leave the Dominican Republic you can not only stand up on a surfboard, but continue your surfing career at your local beach in a safe and fun manner.
What does a normal surf day at Swell look like when you are on the learn to surf holiday
- Get up at 6.30 for the first morning session.
- Quick cup of fresh coffee
- Taxi takes you from Swell to Playa Encuentro.
- Surf lessons or session until 9 at Playa Encuentro.
- taxi ride back to Swell
- Delicious fresh cooked breakfast at Swell.
- Relax for a bit.
- Back to Playa Encuentro for a second surf session ( free surf with tips from the instructors)
- 12.30 back to Swell
- Grab a lunch in town ( our clients love Gordito’s Fresh Mexican across the road from us)
- If the conditions are very good and glassy we might go back for another surf for a sunset session.
- Chill at Swell until dinner is served or go in town with the other clients for a nice bite to eat.
- Maybe a few cold Presidente beers at one of the bars that’s within walking distance.
- Back to Swell, good night sleep in comfortable beds.
If the above sounds appealing to you, have a look at our learn to surf package prices here and shoot Clare a quick email to see if your dates are still available.
We look forward to welcoming you this autumn or winter for a unique one of a kind surf holiday.
“Think of Swell as the anti-surf camp. There’s plenty of surfing, of course, but the similarities to other surf camps end there. For starters, the rooms are stylish — more boutique surf hotel than reggae-loving surfer digs. Then there are the legendary breakfasts (omelets, pancakes and crepes, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and fruit bowls). Structured surf lessons take place each morning, with an instructor alongside you and the head surf coach watching from shallow water, ready to offer learn to surf tips between riding waves. If you are serious about learning to surf, then Swell should be on top of your destination list. Highly recommended! ”
[Frommer’s Travel Guides]
Designed with the discerning surfer in mind, Swell Surf Camp is far from a crash pad. The spare clean lines, plush bedding, modern photographs and funky furniture say ‘boutique surf retreat’ but the pool, ping-pong and foosball tables and social vibe suggest otherwise. A huge wood communal table is the center of the hanging-out action, after all the surfing is done. Highly recommended!
SWELL SURF CAMP
THE TOP RATED
CARIBBEAN SURF HOLIDAY
Join us at Swell on a Surf, Yoga & Adventure Holiday